Winnie is experienced in conducting psycho-educational assessments and providing psychological treatments for learning, emotional, and behavioral problems. During her graduate studies in the U.S., Winnie has practiced in numerous community mental health centers in the State of Pennsylvania where she treated children, adolescents, and adults suffering from conditions like depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, psychosis, and substance abuse. Winnie has been practicing locally in Hong Kong since 1999 – in roles in the Student Health Service and Child Assessment Service under the Hong Kong Department of Health; as well as the Student Counselling and Development Service at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. In her doctorate studies, Winnie specialized in the research of expressive styles of anger, and anger management, as well as the relation between individualism, collectivism, and cultural differences in emotion and display rules.
- Doctor of Psychology, Widener University, USA
- Master of Arts (Clinical Psychology), Widener University, USA
- Bachelor of Social Science (Journalism & Communication), CUHK
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Hong Kong Psychological Society
- Member, Division of Clinical Psychology, HKPS